Friday, October 12, 2012

Nifty Fifty

Well I have hit my FIFTY mark!! Since May 22, 2012 I have lost 50 pounds, 4 dress sizes, and gained so much confidence! I put myself out there alot more and even though I may still have many insecurities, which I know everyone does, I'm getting over some of mine. I think my shirt in this picture is very apropos for many reasons. First of all, it is in support for my stepmom Barbara who is a survivor! (It's a breast cancer shirt from Old Navy). Second, FIGHT because of my boxing classes. No I'm not fighting but learning the punches and how to execute them properly helps in self defense so I can fight if need be. There was a new trainer the other day at the club and she(yep a woman and she gave those male trainers a run for their money) was really impressed with the power of my punches and how well I did them. Made my night! Also I fight every day towards my goal of being healthy and strong. I fight against my mental cravings, the doubts I have in my head, and I fight to be patient because this is not an easy road and it will take time despite people thinking that surgery is the easy way out. It definitely is NOT! I fight my laziness. As much as I love my boxing and training sessions, there are days I want to go home, lounge, and read a book especially if I'm in the middle of one that I want to finish so badly. But I know that skipping out will lead to eventually stopping all together. It's happened before. I do try to go every day, it doesn't always happen but I only skip if I have other plans that prevent me from going at all. I don't even let dates prevent me from my workout. I just go out later. I've been on a few dates lately and I make sure they know that working out is priority #1. I know some of you are probably thinking I'm crazy but, well...I am lol. Thankfully they understand. So here is my 50# picture. It's pretty much the same as on the last blog but I wanted to document.

No comments: