Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

My last name is Finigan. A very known Irish name. I take pride in my Irish heritage. I wish I knew more about it. I get disappointed knowing that I am the last Finigan child in my immediate family and when I get married I won't be able to carry it on to my children. Though I have thought about using it as a middle name for one of my kids but its not the same. Also I know that when I do get married I will use my last name as my middle name too but again its not the same. I know I have quite a while before that happens because I'm not even dating anyone right now. BUT today is St. Patrick's Day and its one of my favorite holidays. No I don't celebrate it much but I love it because its part of who I am. I want to go to Ireland one day and go to Finnigan's Pub. And yes it's spelled wrong! ;) Did you ever hear about how the name Finigan came to be? Well it used to be just Fin. But in town whenever a Fin would come down the road they would always say "Here comes that Fin-again." Get it! Fin-again...Finigan. Hope everyone has a LUCKY day!!!

No comments: