Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First weekend

I can't help it I love this puppy so much...so far! I do admit that its been hard already. About every other day she has slept all the way through the night. But the other nights she has woken up at about 3 am needing to go out. Then at 6 I wake up so she can go out again. I used to wake up at about 6:30 for work but I want to get her on a set schedule so I wake up at 6 even on weekends! And weekends used to be my saving grace. I could sleep in and loved it. But I knew about this when I signed up for it. Seriously its like having a newborn baby. Waking up in the middle of the night, waking up early, using set schedules, exhaustion. I'm not used to this so its been hard but fun. I love watching her play with Maizie and her toys. She's so funny!

So a monster has been created and its ME! I can't stop taking pictures of her. She's so darn cute! My mom, Richard, and I were outside one morning with Maizie and Honey Girl and I said I noticed she's grown. And I had! I can tell her legs are longer. She's not as low to the ground as she was the first day I brought her home. And that's sayin something because she isn't going to be too high off the ground. And of course they both laughed at me. She has pretty short stubby legs with BIG feet. Yes they are big. Normally thats a sign of how big a dog will be but for the dachshund puppies I've seen in pictures they all have short stubby legs. But here are some pictures I took of Honey Girl the other day. And yes that's a pink furry bed. She's a princess after all!

No comments: